Red zebra bullied

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whats the black fish?

Could be alot of reasons .. how big is your tank? How many fish do you have and what are they? Do you have plenty of hiding spots and breaks in line of sight? Whens the last time you changed it up? All these things play a part in it .. also could be mating time or choosing dominance ..

Whats the black fish?

Could be alot of reasons .. how big is your tank? How many fish do you have and what are they? Do you have plenty of hiding spots and breaks in line of sight? Whens the last time you changed it up? All these things play a part in it .. also could be mating time or choosing dominance ..

image-371059218.jpg

Here's the tank.. It's 180 litres and there's about 18 fish in there.. I changed it up about a month ago... Most fish are haps or peacocks... Some mbuna and 2 blood parrot fish

180liters thats like a 55gallon if im not mistaken so thats fine... looks like plenty of hiding spots.. if it gets worse rearrange the tank again .. i have to change mine up about every month ... im gonna state the obvious which you prolly already know but its recommended not to mix the lakes although i dont think thats your problem... and the blood parrots should really be rehomed as they arent africans and sooner or later its gonna cause a problem in your tank.

Anyhow keep a eye on your tank if the problem continues or gets worse try rearranging your tank see if that helps

180liters thats like a 55gallon if im not mistaken so thats fine... looks like plenty of hiding spots.. if it gets worse rearrange the tank again .. i have to change mine up about every month ... im gonna state the obvious which you prolly already know but its recommended not to mix the lakes although i dont think thats your problem... and the blood parrots should really be rehomed as they arent africans and sooner or later its gonna cause a problem in your tank.

Anyhow keep a eye on your tank if the problem continues or gets worse try rearranging your tank see if that helps

I think the problem is the red top ice blue zebra is the boss of the tank, and has never liked red zebras..

Possible .. i have 2 male vics that fight often .. im sure they are just battling for dominance .. normally they just stay on opposite sides of the tank.

The other zebra is bigger and the red zebra doesn't fight back

You could try to separate the bully forba few days and rearrang the tank then put him back in and see if it helps..sometimes it works sometimes it dont ... kinda like a time out..

Back
Top Bottom