Red Zebra's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am purchasing red zebras today an just wanted to see of anyone had any tips or info for me that has kept them in there tanks before ??? I'm getting 1 m to 2 f

I have a 80 gallon tank there are yellow labs and acei in the tank now !!

Like other zebra's, red zebra's will be inclined to occupy the top ranks of the tank's 'pecking order'. With the species you currently have, the male is destined to become the alpha fish in the tank, unless other aggressive species are introduced.

Once their dominance is firmly established the red zebra's I have are fairly easy going...unless their 'authority' is challenged (they can be quite brutal in fights) . They also seem more willing to break up fights that other fish are engaged in and in my tank keep aggressive behavior by the other mbuna's supressed to a degree.

Depending on the male's personality you may want to add an additional female if he seems to be stressing the two females with excessive attention.

Thanks for the info very helpful Juarez wanted to let you know I got them and there beautiful fish !!!!!!!

Ill put them up ion a minute i have to get them off my fone !!!!!!

Here are some pictures one male and 2 females !!!!

I love mine, just got 3 babies, one was lunch for someone, other two I places in the grow out sump area, Mine does fight a bit but its mostly because of my crazy sp44 who think he owns almost all the tank, My Red Zebra even took on the larger(length, not girth) Peacock Bass the other day to get him out of the area. So far thats the only fish I have seen mess with him.

I know thats how it came to me from the pet store im going to make his life better and they ll grown back !!

Thanks I can't wait to see the whole thank grow and look spectacular !!!! I'm glad u like them you always help me with my questions so your opinion matter ( garfy )

It's appreciated so did you see the partial tank pic ??

All albino !!! They are pretty exotic. Think what you have two albinos mate ??

Wow that's pretty cool and second of all they'll go for a pretty penny

Back
Top Bottom