Redid my tank..... Again!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick question: is there still bark on the branches? I was gleaning for branches today and found some lovely ones, but stripping the bark is turning out to be tougher than I thought! Someone told me that you have to peel off all bark, but I couldn't work out why.

ErinMcG said:
Quick question: is there still bark on the branches? I was gleaning for branches today and found some lovely ones, but stripping the bark is turning out to be tougher than I thought! Someone told me that you have to peel off all bark, but I couldn't work out why.

Yes, that's bark. It's there out of pure laziness. Lol. I didn't do anything to the wood other then bake it in the sun for a few months. Didn't scrub, boil, soak or strip the bark. The only reason I can think to strip bark is it could start to rot and fall off messing up the tank. My plecos love the stuff and I'm not fazed by a bit of bark if any falls off (not that I've seen any).

stingrays4 said:
Hi I've always left the bark on any wood i have put in me tanks aswell:)

I'm not the only one :D I use to drive myself crazy scrubbing it off with steel wool and sandpaper :/ One day I thought, eh, it won't harm anything, so I left it. Lol

richpowell1989 said:
It was easy for me to get hold if them my dad owns his own fish shop ( and a big 1 at that ) so as soon as I moved out of my mums place a few years ago he hooked me up and gave me all of them.

He always rings me up and asks if I want stuff but I keep saying its the last one but I always end up getting another one :)

My latest project I setup last month

Oh I love those tall grassy looking plants along the back of your tank! What are they called?

Back
Top Bottom