Redoing my 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retaks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. Im going to completely re do my 55 gal aquarium in the near future. Right now it has natural colord gravel, some fake plants, a couple rocks and a couple pieces of slate in there. I plan on keeping the rocks and slate but redecorating them a little and switching to black tahiti moon sand. I also plan on trying some kind of a low light moss or clover as some ground cover and maybee a bigger plant or two but im still sticking with the low light since im on a budget for now and cant afford new lights yet. For filtration i currently have an AC110 that is staying on the tank and im debating on getting an AC70, another AC110 or trying a canister filter. I could get the AC70 and possibly get the AC110 when i get the sand but i would have to save for the canister filter. What would be a good canister filter for me to get. IM really considering getting one instead of the hob filters. So what dose everyone think of my plans? What could be a problem with it or is a definate problem with it? Thanks for eveyones help. All opinions are greatly appreciated. Im planning on starting getting everything on Sun morning and doing most of the work Mon morning and Tues morning.

I would recommend a Rena XP3 or an Eheim Classic, both very nice cannister. I have both and can not complain about either of them.

I was just looking at an XP3 as i got the email about your post. Im really considering saving for one. Can you please post the size(Dimensions, l,w,h) of it though? I have very limited space and dont want to go spend $180 and not be able to use it because its too big.

I also plan on trying some kind of a low light moss or clover as some ground cover.
I've never had much luck with moss growing directly on the sand, or with clover growing in low light. It won't be quite as thick, but you may consider some small crypts for a low-light ground cover.

I was just looking at an XP3 as i got the email about your post. Im really considering saving for one. Can you please post the size(Dimensions, l,w,h) of it though? I have very limited space and dont want to go spend $180 and not be able to use it because its too big.

If know one post before i get home, I will let you know.

I've never had much luck with moss growing directly on the sand, or with clover growing in low light. It won't be quite as thick, but you may consider some small crypts for a low-light ground cover.

I have some very porous rocks i was planing on trying to get the moss to grow on. I didnt figure it would grow well on just sand. I did also think about growing crypts in there.

Back
Top Bottom