redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can get the jbj one for like $80 if you look. Normally its like $100. And you'll need a small pump to hook up to the reservoir that feeds the sump. I use a mini jet 606 for one tank and an aqualifter pump for the other.

Oh, really? Thats great, I thought the were around $200.00, thanks!

Ok everyone!

I am off to catch my Blue Hippo Tang and Clownfish to begin acclimation. Wish me good luck! :-D

Great news!

I have caught them both and they are currently acclimating in an old instant ocean salt bucket. :) The most stressful part is done, yay!

I really hope that my Tang's growth isn't stunted from being in a 55g too long. :(

Pictures are on the way! :-D

Thanks for following!

redsea said:
Great news!

I have caught them both and they are currently acclimating in an old instant ocean salt bucket. :) The most stressful part is done, yay!

I really hope that my Tang's growth isn't stunted from being in a 55g too long. :(

Pictures are on the way! :-D

Thanks for following!

Hey hey now. There is nothing wrong with short people or short fish lol. Jk.

Congrats

Thanks, I am still acclimating, but I am thinking that I am nearing the end, what do you think?

I think that i am very jealous of your tank, and its going to look awesome once finished!! Haha

Lol. Whats the first fish and coral going to be?? ;)

Well, after I get these guys in there I will be ordering a Scopas Tang, Lawnmower Blenny, and 2 Wrasses from Liveaquaria. I will probably order them tomorrow. I have a few corals that I will be ordering too like a Toadstool and some Montiporas. :-D

Ohhhh. Get a Midas blenny! Mine perches itself on my toadstool like king of the tank!!!

I think I am going to. :-D He isn't on my first order from LA list because he isn't in stock at the moment. Awesome suggestion, thanks!

UPDATE!

I moved both fish into the 125g! I was a little worried about the Blue Tang because I think he got very stressed while I was trying to get him in the tank, and when I finally got him into the tank his little "scalpel" got stuck in the net for a short, short time. I hope he doesn't break down with ich or anything, but I am sure he will be fine. :)

I didn't have any problems getting the Clown into the tank.

redsea said:
UPDATE!

I moved both fish into the 125g! I was a little worried about the Blue Tang because I think he got very stressed while I was trying to get him in the tank, and when I finally got him into the tank his little "scalpel" got stuck in the net for a short, short time. I hope he doesn't break down with ich or anything, but I am sure he will be fine. :)

I didn't have any problems getting the Clown into the tank.

Ohhhhhh. Can we see????

The PhycoPure I believe is "Pod Food" not pods. If you are trying to introduce pods buy the 1st link. To feed the pods, you can buy the 2nd.

Here are the pictures! :-D

The Tang is still pretty much hiding.

There is also a picture of my sump.

Attachments

• DSCF1647.jpg
    DSCF1647.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF1654.jpg
    DSCF1654.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF1650.jpg
    DSCF1650.jpg