redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
which one? the zoa is a sphere about 1.5 cm in diameter. the GSP is kinda hard to measure. about 3-4 by 4-5.

oh 90 gallon half circle :) got it from a moving friend. it took forever to cycle. like 7 weeks. but it is great now

i had almost all base rock, only about 5 pounds of actual live rock, so it took forever for the bacteria to get on the other rocks. worth hundreds of dollars, though, if you ask me.

plus i didnt get any fish for about 2 weeks after it cycled because of a major diatom outbreak, but i have got it mainly covered.

Nice stock. The RedSea tanks are interesting.

Thank you! Right now I'm not super impressed with red sea considering one of my pumps is broken and in order to keep the aquarium cool I have to have a large house fan running on it. LOL

You need to stick to a strict list and STICK TO IT! lol it is tempting to buy some things based on lfs guy's info, but thats always wrong. research what you want on the internet beforehand. what exactly are you going to buy?

Well, I was going to look at the soft corals they had, and maybe purchase a B&W Clown. I also may pick up something for my freshwater but we'll see.

1. I would buy some base rock
2. I would buy some soft corals like Green Star Polyps or Zoanthids

Well, I was going to look at the soft corals they had, and maybe purchase a B&W Clown. I also may pick up something for my freshwater but we'll see.
Don't mix different clown species. They will fight. It is not if, but when.

Greenturtle said:
1. I would buy some base rock
2. I would buy some soft corals like Green Star Polyps or Zoanthids

Yea, I'm hoping they have some rock, if I do get vase rock, what do I need to do to clean it?

Greenturtle said:
Don't mix different clown species. They will fight. It is not if, but when.

Ohh, I heard that an occelaris clown will get along with a BW ocellaris because the are both ocellaris

I would also get one much smaller than my current one so it would reduce the risk of fighting.

I seriously would go against that. They can be friends, but sometimes fight. you would need a tank as large as mine to diffuse the aggresion between them. Especially as you added the ocellaris before the B&W, which means your current clown has established territory already.

Greenturtle said:
I seriously would go against that. They can be friends, but sometimes fight. you would need a tank as large as mine to diffuse the aggresion between them. Especially as you added the ocellaris before the B&W, which means your current clown has established territory already.

Would it help if I rearranged the rockwork? Or if I took my current one out and then added them both at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom