Refuge light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
I have a 96 watt PC that is lighting my Refuge and I noticed today where some salt nuggets got under the plastic gard and I guess melted it enough to make it not flat anymore and I cant slide it out. I might just replace it. Anybody got any that they`ve seen online. 12-18 inches. LFS said he had some for 130.00. I told him I did not want a 1000 watt lamp. 8O . What do ya`ll use to light up the fuge. Just some facts,lights stay on 24/7 because of a tankful of Grape Calerpa. Someone let me know of a good deal and I`ll name my next kid after you. :?

I know this will spark alot of controversy but some people have had modest success using compact florecent plant lights for their refuges.

I'm using compact fluorescent bulbs -- 18 watt bulbs - color spectrum 6500K (daylight/stark white).

You can get the lights from Casa Depot; they're cheap (a rarity in this trade); and seem to be working fine on my set-up.

Back
Top Bottom