Regulator for CO2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

touchofgrey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question- is it necessary to have one of the electrically-powered regulators for a CO2 system or can I just use a regular one and connect a bubble counter inline with the output? I have a regulator that was used in a home-brew setup, so I wanted to utilize that if possible. Thanks for the help.
Kelly

The electric solenoid is just for shutting off the Co2 automatically such as at night or if pH controlled, when the CO2 hits a certain concentration. You could manually shut it off every evening(PITA) or run the bubbles per second low enough that you could keep it running full time and use a timer to turn on a bubbler at night to off gas while plants are not using it. Just know that running CO2 full time will pretty much increase amount used by about 2.5 times. Good luck, OS. Also, welcome to AA!

regulator

Hmm, ok. I'll probably go ahead and get this one anyway (regulator and full 20# tank for $60), and go with a fancier electric regulator later. I'm searching now for the needle valve, other than the bubble counter and diffuser that's about all I need for the time being. Thanks for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom