regulator leak...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdsunflower

Aquarium Advice Activist
After only 2 months of use it appears my regulator is leaking +++ around the cylinder pressure gauge, so is currently useless and disconnected. Anyone else run into this? Any alternative but to replace it ($$)? I had it hooked up to a solenoid bought separately, using a length of silicone tubing...It seemed to be leaking cold wet down around that gauge--I'm assuming this was a symptom, and not the cause?
If anyone else has had similar issues and maybe recommendations, I'd appreciate it.
JD

What kind is it? You should try calling the manufacturer. If it's only 2 months old they may just replace it for you.

thanks for the quick reply. It's a Red Sea. Any use trying the retailer? (although my local BA seems to be struggling so not sure how much help to expect).

You can definately try the retailer as well. Some will replace it for you (for instance F&S has been very good for me for correcting these types of issues).

If you suspect the leak is around the gauge you may want to simply pick up a roll of teflon tape, remove the gauge, wrap the tape around the threads and reinstall the gauge.

thanks for that suggestion, I'm just not sure how I'd implement it. The leak is around a part of the regulator I can't get at (literally between the body of the regulator and the indicator gauge, inside...
I've contacted the manufacturer--they are guaranteed for a year. I've faxed my receipts and so on, and haven't heard back...hope they'll replace it. Meanwhile I'm on a DIY... They're a lot tougher for a 40g than a 10!

Back
Top Bottom