Regulator Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mohican

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm considering looking at my local welding shop for a dual stage regulator (not gauge) for precision, but wanted to see if anyone has ever used one for planted tanks? I know Milwaukee, Azoo, etc are popular in the hobby, but just curious if anyone has gone this route. Thanks.

I have not, I did browse around a bit and weighed the options. My local airgas place has decent prices on their tanks but their regulators are pricey.

The only benefit for the dual stage that I've seen is that it eliminates the possibility of EOTD. That said, EOTD is pretty rare so I don't know if the added expense is justified, once you get a steady supply going it'll be easy to monitor the tank pressure and refill accordingly at certain intervals.

As far as precision goes, your needle valve choice is going to be the key factor. The higher priced regulators seem to have better flow control but I do know many people with the cheaper milwaukee and aquatek regulators that haven't had a problem fine tuning. If it does become a problem then you can always add a fabco nv-55 in line later on, so it's not big process to add it on after everything is set up.

That's about all I got, hope it helps.

Does help a little. Made me think. EOTD is a concern for me but I also don't want to spend lots of time tinkering with it either.

Back
Top Bottom