Rena XP1 help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

secretaccount

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I just bought an aquarium setup which included a used Rena XP1 canister filter. This is my first canister (in the past I've used HOB filters only) and being the curious person I am, I examined everything.

Right from the start I realized there was a circle ring that was hollow. Searching on the internet so far, it looks as if I need to get the rubber seal for it.

The second part was that the impeller part looked like it was missing something... The end parts of the shaft weren't there. It was just the impeller and shaft, but none of the end parts.

I tested it out anyways, and for the most part, it's worked. Priming works, but it doesn't fill up all the way; there's a 2" gap in the canister. I got this to fill up by slightly taking out one clamp and shutting it back down before too much water came out. The next day I noticed the water level in the canister dropped back down 2" again.

So for the most part, it seems to work, but would changing the impeller and the gaskets/o-ring make it silent? Is this the cause for the canister not filling up/priming perfectly? If this does not work, I'll be grabbing an HOB filter.

Thanks in advance for any input! :)

Back
Top Bottom