Rental location for anyone looking to start a fish society group in ohio.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55gallons

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello ..

I am posting this as a suggestion/inquirey if someone would like to start a fish society in the girard/youngstown ohio area. My boss has a location that she rents out and i brought the idea to her in a brain storming session.

The idea is as follows. If someone wants to post ads to see if interest comes of the idea then one person could take the next step and rent the rental space for a day -or -could be rented for weekend. This facility is big and can hold alot of people here . its also a hotel location if people come from out of town night before they could rent rooms for stay over for the meets..

You can do the following :
* Rent the hall and charge a membership to the society/club .
* you can trade/sell/auction off fish and supplies here.
* others can do the same thing.
* you can get guest speakers to come and do presentations about fish keeping etc.

The list can go on and on. It appears ohio does not have a fish society group /club, i just thought i would throw this idea out there for people to have a location that they can meetup and discuss fish .

Location of the venue is right off of route 80 aprox 1.5 hrs from pittsburg, 2.5 hrs from harrisburg (rough estimation) , 1 hr from akron .. nice location to get on and off the interstate. you can pm me here or you can email me direct at Michaels_Clean_out_Services@yahoo.com to inquire , and i'll pass your email and or contact info over to my boss . We have a nice facility here and looking to rent out locations in our building. We have a resturant , a comedy club , banquet hall(s) that we are looking to rent out . we are wanting to make a statement to the youngstown/girard area that this building is being turned around under new management /ownership. and look forward to helping people rent / use our property for thier party/event needs.

dont know about the area but any of these close?

Stark County Aqua Life Enthusiasts Society
(SCALES) meets the second Sunday of every month at the Perry Grange, 6300 Richville Dr., Massilow, Ohio 44646. Meetings are from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. For more information about membership and meetings contact Theresa Baad at 330-452-9027 or Don McGuire at 330-833-7194.

The Ohio Cichlid Association
The nation’s largest cichlid club (other than the ACA), the Ohio Cichlid Association, meets on the first Friday of every month (except July, because of the ACA convention) at our brand new meeting location, the Old Oak Bible Church, which is located at 7575 Old Oak Blvd. in Middleburg Hts, Ohio (north of Fowles Road) just minutes from either the I-71 Pearl Road exit or the I-71 Bagley Exit. The doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the meeting begins promptly at 8 p.m. Meetings feature a monthly speaker, a giant raffle, plenty of free refreshments, a mini bowl show, a mini cichlid auction, a breeders award program, and much more. These meetings are free to the public. For more information, contact Dan Woodland at (440)885-2033 or Marc DeWerth at madbigfoot@aol.com. For more information visit http://www.ohiocichlid.com.

you may have read this wrong - or you may have not- i posted a inquirey if anyone in the area would like to rent a banquet hall area to have a group for auctions, trading etc.

the places you listed the one in massilow ,oh is aprox 1hr 20 mins from our location ,, the other town is listed in several counties . to which i could not figure what is closer being that i'm from pa. .. in realistically i'm tryin to help my boss rent the hall . and a fish society group came to my mind . it would be reoccuring bussiness.

Not sure if you'll get the responses you are looking for in this forum. This may be better suited to be posted on craigslist or your local classifieds section.

Not sure if you'll get the responses you are looking for in this forum. This may be better suited to be posted on craigslist or your local classifieds section.

im not expecting a mountain of responses here . i do have this idea posted on craigslist tho . and have had one person reply. what better place then a fish hobby website to post it on then this .. I thought it would be a good idea to post here to see if someone on here is from ohio .. not saying everyone uses craigslist , but it helps to post on various locations.

Im just starting in the hobby but im about 15 minutes from that location and would love to find a group that is near me so hopefully someone takes you up on the offer lol

most new clubs meet at lfs our members houses since renting a place does cost a good amount of money.

most new clubs meet at lfs our members houses since renting a place does cost a good amount of money.
yes true- but not every one is Key in letting complete strangers ( that rotates constantly with each meeting ) Meaning not always the same people return for the next meeting/meet . alot of people wonder if someone will take something from thier home etc- it opens things up to valdurbilty (s?) . at least with a rental venue its a "neutral" location.and everyone can relax and enjoy the gathering then have it at thier home and be worrying if someone is gona take something. just my 2 cents. From what i know of the fish society in del-county pa uses the township building . i have yet to inquire how they're going about it - meaning is the space vulenteered ? or do they actually pay some money for the space.

Im just starting in the hobby but im about 15 minutes from that location and would love to find a group that is near me so hopefully someone takes you up on the offer lol

hopefully we can rent the venue to someone who wants to step up to the plate. We'd rent the venue for any type of event (within reason of course) to anyone who's looking to rent . This place is gona be turning around believe me it just takes some time.

Back
Top Bottom