replace my swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
my swordtail was bullying my paradise fish,so i had to move her back to my 55. what could i put in instead? would a ram be a bad idea with the paradise fish? the stocking is 1 paradise fish,3 yoyo loaches,and 6 cherry barbs

You could add another small school of some kind a tetra of barb. Harlequin Rasboras are some of my favorite. You could also add another kind of livebearer if you wish.

i dont really like harlequins.i think petsmart has lemon tetras,would those work?

alLexX said:
i dont really like harlequins.i think petsmart has lemon tetras,would those work?

Sure I don't see why not. I've read that they're relatively peaceful like most tetras but I have no personal experience with them.

As long as you pH isn't in 5 or 9, most fish can adapt in the 6,7 and 8 range- as long as it's consistent.

my ph is fine then. i think its like 7.8 or close to it

okay,i checked,and petsmart had lemons but i didnt really like them. never got an answer to if a ram would work(dont think it would but i like them),and would 4 or so peppered corys work? im pretty sure my lfs has them and my friend(who has some) says theyre pretty cheap

What other fish do you have in your 20. If it doesn't have much I think a ram and some cories would be fine.
i didnt mean both,just wanted the one of them. but i also have 6 cherry barbs and 3 yoyo loaches(if they get aggressive they go to the 55)

oops realized you didnt mean on top of my paradise fish. theres also a paradise fish

If you already have the loaches, I'd skip the corries. There's too many fish competing for the bottom space, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom