Rescape!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone I'm going to be doing a total tank rescape starting FRIDAY!!!
I need all of your help though.....
Thanks!!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

what you planning?

Ok so since I hade fine white sand and it showed all poop and debris, I'm going with Eco complete to help grow my pants and also give me a black gravel!!! I also want to Change my aquascape

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Black gravel will still show poop and debris unless its solid black. I have black sand in one tank, and natural sand in the other. Poop and debris show clearly on both.

Also, the black substrate will really suck up the light and the fish colors do not show up as well at least in my tank, thinking I should have stayed with natural sand.

I use black and white cichlid sand and you can only see snail shells and not much of anything else unless it gets really dirty

Sent from peliper

Black gravel will still show poop and debris unless its solid black. I have black sand in one tank, and natural sand in the other. Poop and debris show clearly on both.

Also, the black substrate will really suck up the light and the fish colors do not show up as well at least in my tank, thinking I should have stayed with natural sand.

How can black poop show up on black substrate more than it shows u on white substrate

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Poo will show up anywhere it settles, trick is to create flow.in such a way that the sneaky poo is ushered right to the filter intake!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Poo will show up anywhere it settles, trick is to create flow.in such a way that the sneaky poo is ushered right to the filter intake!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I run 2 filters so I'm really excited to rescape anyway though... I have a sick piece of driftwood I'm gonna add

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom