Rescaped for a more symmetrical appearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I run DIY CO2 at a rate of about 50 bubbles per minute through a ceramic diffuser. I'm shooting for high light through a quad fixture because my 25 gallon is 21 inches tall. It seems very little light makes it to the bottom. I can't keep anything alive that isn't already 6-8 inches tall.

I don't see a place to put in a coupon code nor do I have a code to type in. I did a quick search and didn't see a code online for 50% off.

I run DIY CO2 at a rate of about 50 bubbles per minute through a ceramic diffuser. I'm shooting for high light through a quad fixture because my 25 gallon is 21 inches tall. It seems very little light makes it to the bottom. I can't keep anything alive that isn't already 6-8 inches tall.

On a 21" tall tank (55g) I have a very cheap dual T5HO fixture and I am able to grow fairly demanding (and short) plants such as downoi.

I don't see a place to put in a coupon code nor do I have a code to type in. I did a quick search and didn't see a code online for 50% off.

Code is on the homepage of the fishneedit site, it is "sellfinal." You put in the code during the checkout process during the "payment" section.

On a 21" tall tank (55g) I have a very cheap dual T5HO fixture and I am able to grow fairly demanding (and short) plants such as downoi.

Code is on the homepage of the fishneedit site, it is "sellfinal." You put in the code during the checkout process during the "payment" section.

I forgot to add this picture in my above post. This is the tank as of now. I intend to have it heavily planted at some point even if that means pressurized co2 in the future. Do you think I'll be able to accomplish that with a dual or should I just spring for the quad now?

img_2552695_0_dab88f64f76552593d1c04677abf7c5c.jpg

I would say my goal would to planted about as heavily as this tank.
img_2552695_1_9c35ccd9e6c927c2e9df7768011a61f6.jpg

To get carpeting plants like HC you probably want more light and pressurized co2. However I think you could get good stem plant growth with a dual fixture.

I've settled on a new fixture. After much reading and discussion on PAR ratings I've picked the AquaticLife Dual T5HO.

AquaticLife Dual Lamp T5 HO Freshwater Light - 24 in.

I'm also going to set up pressurized CO2 but not a kit. I'm going to put everything together myself. Won't be right away though. My DIY is doing just fine for now I think and the light is most important. I'm also reading up on powder ferts. I'm just using liquid iron plant food at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom