Rescaping my community tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRP1501

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tomorrow I am tearing down my community tank and taking all the gravel and old plants out. I'm making it a planted tank with organic potting soil capped with Eco Complete black. Putting red clay in the soil for iron. I have Angels, Platty's, Black Mollies, Cory's and a Pleco with some Nerite snails. Will it be okay to put my fish in a large tote with the aquarium water in it with a few air stones in there. It's going to take a few hours to get it done. I'm just worried about my fish. Will they be okay in there while I do this. I'm scrubbing the tank down and cleaning it out good. I'll have a CO2 system hooked up also. Soda stream bottle piped straight into the intake of my HOT Magnum. I'll put pictures in after I'm done. Tips and comments much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They should be fine.

When I did a substrate change on my 75g my fish were in a 5g bucket for a few hours.

Caleb

They should be fine.

When I did a substrate change on my 75g my fish were in a 5g bucket for a few hours.

Caleb

Thanks Caleb! Makes me feel better. Still a little daunting doing this!

Yeah I assume they'll be fine. It might help to give them some cover; just make sure that it can't fall over so don't stack rocks too precariously.

Will the co2 be in the tote with the fish? That's not a good idea IMO.

Yeah I assume they'll be fine. It might help to give them some cover; just make sure that it can't fall over so don't stack rocks too precariously.

I threw in a bunch of live plants so they felt a bit safer. Plastic/silk will work as well.

Caleb

Oh No! The CO2 will be in the tank when I get it set up.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444246615.009216.jpgwell here it is completed! The fish are looking good, so I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom