research websites and Copperleaf question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BondStreet

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi There All --

Just a couple of questions. Want to gather a list of really useful websites to aid in planted tank research. I have a couple already, but I wanted to see if there are anymore that others in this forum recommend.

Also, has anyone ever successfully maintained Copperleaf plants(Alternanthera Reineikii)? I have a couple of them, but they seem pretty fragile. My CO2 and gravel substrate is in good shape. My water is somewhat acidic at 7.0. Water temp steady at 82... I have a good deal of hardy plants, but have been hit or miss with the more sensitive ones. Plus my fish have eaten my limnophilia aquatica to death...

Anyways, any advice is always appreciated...

Thanks y'all--
Bondstreet

Man if you want to save those plants get rid of the fish that munch on them. Plants are open to infection in water... they usually won't just regrow like crazy even if you give them the goodies. Your other specs in the water look good.. what is the CO2 bubble rate? also what is the lighting and size of your tank? Lighing needs to be pretty decent (3 watts per gallon) if you use CO2 to enhance plants at all.

I have started using AquaBotanic as a good resource site for plants. They have lots of good advice. http://www.aquabotanic.com/

Also if you are interested in a good book, I would suggest the Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants, by Peter Hiscock. I picked it up from my local library and found it very informative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom