Resetup after a leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

visovarun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So basically my tank blasted one day. I lost all my fishes and was able to save few plants . So I bought a new tank the 3rd day and transferred the substrate in it. It was a new tank just setup a month back. Now when ever i add new fishes they 60% die in next week.
I bought a beta and it does too. All died in 2 to 3 days after i put them in the tank. I got 10 neons and only 2 left now.

Not able to figure out whats wrong please help

Size 30 gallon tank 20 inch hig
With plants and lights
4 Rasbora's going strong from my previous old tank which bursted
2 guppies going strong which I got last week
2 neons from last week
I am now scared to put more fishes .

Also I am a average guy can not afford testing equipment and expensive stuff but prefer DIY Things

Also I have noticed that the fished get fungal infection when I compared the symptoms of dying fishes with pics in google.

Please feel free to ask me questions and I will respond but need help please .

Sounds like youre cycling again. Sadly, without testing equipment and knowing the parameters all we can say is do a few 50% water changes.

Seriously, make it a top priority to get this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...r=8-1&keywords=api+freshwater+master+test+kit

It lasts a very very long time and is literally the second most important piece of equipment for fish keeping.

You could take a water sample in to a fish store to be tested.

Hey thanks for the response . When u say 50% water change , can u please help with frequency for the water changes? I mean by days.

Hey thanks for the response . When u say 50% water change , can u please help with frequency for the water changes? I mean by days.

Have u got test kits? U need nitrite, nitrate and ammonia. Don't buy anymore fish untill your tank is cycled. U want 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and only nitrates

You can do them every 2 hours. I would do 4 over the course of 2 days and then daily until you can get some reliable way to test your water parameters.

No man no test kits. But will do the water change.. but

You need test kits to know what's going on. I'd recommend buying them asap

Ok. After all that you wrote I have ordered the kit . But it will arrive on 22 April.. now I need you people help please on what to do till that time? As in should I be doing water changes? Also uploading some pics . IMG_2358.jpgIMG_2359.jpgIMG_2360.jpgIMG_2361.jpg
8b840c575dc12850897a5c0be55e7856.jpg
4271b199070ef2e1a9a80c5ea05bc1fc.jpg
06606a5c92aed59aae2a41f82c57c254.jpg
f476e662639d48ee59d560f005d7cdf5.jpg
cbd860ac586714731e051cfbb78c8562.jpg
IMG_2357.jpg

Ok. Did 25% water change today . Immediately i see change in behaviour of fishes. Do i do the water change every day 25% till i get the kit on 22nd april?

Ok. Did 25% water change today . Immediately i see change in behaviour of fishes. Do i do the water change every day 25% till i get the kit on 22nd april?

I'd say every 2 days would be fine. Throw in a 50 once a week if u want. Cycling takes a long time doing it with fish in. Took me 2 months to cycle a 50g with fish. Get some "safe start" aswell to help add some bacteria. Tends to speed it up abit I found. Just dose to recommended

Ok understood. So every 2 days 25% and 50% once a week. Have ordered Micro Life S2 200ml Beneficial Bacteria for Fresh and Marine Aquarium from aquatic remedies.

Now i have just another question. Once i get the API kit. How frequently should i be doing water test and which ones?

Thanks agin for assisting me on this.

Ok understood. So every 2 days 25% and 50% once a week. Have ordered Micro Life S2 200ml Beneficial Bacteria for Fresh and Marine Aquarium from aquatic remedies.

Now i have just another question. Once i get the API kit. How frequently should i be doing water test and which ones?

Thanks agin for assisting me on this.

I'd say every 2-3 days. U want to do nitrate nitrite and ammonia. Try to keep them all very low untill only nitrates show up.

I did a 25% water change yesterday. Surprisingly I got the test kit today which was expected on 22nd. So here attached are the test results.

I would say you are cycled. But I have never seen a PH that purple/high? Is that the local water so the fish would have been in the same ph when you bought them? If not A huge PH swing can compromise your fish. I'm not sure how much but the purple really surprised me.

Is your substrate coral/aragonite? Or are you adding products to increase the PH?

There is no products that i have added. The substrate is taken from a local store . I dont know what brand it is but its classic substrate thats what he calls it Image1491585526.013613.jpg

Contact where you purchased the fish and ask their PH. If it is closer to 7...I wonder if the big diff in the PH is the mystery factor behind the casualties.

Back
Top Bottom