Resetup after a leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup i did that already and they say 7 . Infact they using the same tap water as do. And my tap water is too 7 . But aquerium is at 8.4 plus

Ok I have reached the limits of my knowledge on PH. I know big fast swings can cause problems and maybe shock/death. But hoping one of our resident experts will chime in. I suspect it's your substrate. Try putting some in the tap water in a bucket and test the water later and see if it jumps.

Contact where you purchased the fish and ask their PH. If it is closer to 7...I wonder if the big diff in the PH is the mystery factor behind the casualties.

Agree'd, cycle looks finished but that ph is certainly a concern. Do u have any wood or rocks in the tank? I certain rocks can make effect ph. A good test would be to put some substrate in a container of water and leave it over night and test it. If the ph raises u know your substrate likely has crushed coral or something similar in it.

Hi . So heres is the latest update.
The culprit was definitely the white substrate, which I confirmed by taking all of my things in the tank and putting each in different vessels. My tap water with 7.4 ph increased to 8.6 only for the substrate. For all others it was stables. So i had to go through the pain of doing all over again. I kept the fishes in a separate hospital tank with old water. I had two filters running , one sponge and the other Internal. I took the old sponge filter and put it in hospital tank. Now the new setup in my tank has Ada substrate , but I did not use a lot , in fact just 4 ltr . So attaching the pic of the new set upIMG_2446.JPG

No my tap water is around 7View attachment 297537

This looks like 7.6. Test again with high range test.
PH test kits are more accurate if divided into an acid range and an alkaline range.

Tap water is normally 7 out of the tap but that may vary around the world!
Wait 24 hours and test the same tap sample.

Could the substrate or any rocks be influencing it in any way? Certain lime based rock/sand will turn the water alkaline.

Back
Top Bottom