Riccia Fluitans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thinking about trying some Riccia Fluitans in my low tech 20L. Anyone have any experience with it?

Its the herpes of aquariums.... once you have it you ain't gettin' rid of it ;)

Looks really nice if you can tie it to some small flat rocks, and then place them wherever, helps soften some harsh transitions from hardscape/plants. Should be simple enough to grow, but you'll have to "shake" it out from time to time as mulm and leaves etc will get trapped in the fine leaves of the riccia

Yep, very similar to mosses, but the riccia offers a new and exciting look, different from traditional moss, I might actually go pick some up now.... Thanks for getting that thought in my head ;)

The Java was a bit weedy for my taste. Kept growing long in height and no horizontal growth.

The Riccia may do the same, just tie it into a rock or whatever the same way as if you were planting a carpet. So small clumps of riccia every 1/4 inch or so covering the stone/hardscape.

Just showed up. So much duckweed in it I’m trying to get as much out as possible. Does this look like the right stuff?IMG_2999.jpgIMG_3001.jpgIMG_3002.jpg

Well, I got as much duckweed out of there as I could and used netting to attach it to slates.
IMG_3006.jpg
IMG_3004.jpg

Now we chant ...
Grow...grow...grow...grow...

Hard to tell really, time will tell. Now that I think of it I can’t remember what mine looked like when I had originally bought it

Back
Top Bottom