RIP Mr Fussy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since we don't have an obit section, and since I just had to give my little guy a "public goodbye" I'm posting this here.

Today Mr Fussy was put to rest. For the past 2 days he had been hiding a significant amount of time and losing his color. There was no obvious reason for his discomfort (tank parameters were great) - the only thing I can think of is that he just didn't like being in the Eclipse 3 and preferred being in 1/4 of a 10 G tank. Either that or he had suffered too much damage from the ich he had 3 wks ago (or maybe he was never really cured).

Mr Fussy was a beautiful blue crowntail with red fins. He taught me that it takes patience with your fish - it took him a week to eat anything after I first brought him home. He also taught me that Bettas are quite intelligent. He was an eager boy and was the first to learn to jump for his food (to the point where he would start jumping as soon as I lifted the lid of the tank !).

He was with me only 6 short months. He will be missed.

Here is his photo, taken when he was with me only a month or so.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11891&cat=500&ppuser=13767

I've lost three Bettas in the past month :( Bubbles died from bloat (which I still blame on his accidentally eating a small bit of BGA during that battle); America died from unknown causes, as did Mr Fussy.
It really hurt to lose Fussy - he was my first boy (along with Mr Piggy)

Thanks for the condolences. Some folks just don't get it - if one more person (at work) says "its was only a fish" I may start getting violent !
I still can't believe he's gone ....

i hate people like that, they just think fish are stupid little things that swim and do nothing else. I hate hearing the words "fish are boring" They are brilliant creatures! THEY BREATH UNDERWATER!! that should be enough to amaze anybody!

P.S. When my pet rabbit died, someone actually told me "its only a rabbit, they breed like crazy, just get a new one."

Wow.....sorry for your loss. If something was to happen to my main man Mr. Jones, I'm sure I'd be as upset as you are right now.

Wow.....sorry for your loss. If something was to happen to my main man Mr. Jones, I'm sure I'd be as upset as you are right now.

Back
Top Bottom