RIP my big angel :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got home on Friday night with a couple of new arrivals, and my big angel was laying on its side and not looking good. It got up and started swimming later on, so I was holding out a tiny bit of hope, but it died last night. :cry: I have no idea what happened, but I seriously doubt if it was a water quality issue, the tank has plenty of filtration and gets 50% weekly water changes. All the other fish are acting totally fine, and the angel was acting fine up until I came home from work on Friday. I have no idea what happened. Here are some pics I have to remember it by, may my big angel find many bloodworms in the big tank in the sky.
img_811409_0_71406ab3a81ee5bf44829d1f92a5406d.jpg

img_811409_1_378e2393401c8d95d0b3fccf37ec4ec5.jpg

img_811409_2_df8ff25981ce352eface3b808b014942.jpg

RIP.

Sorry for your loss. It was a beautiful angel. I know how hard it is to lose a fish and not know why........

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your angel. Indeed, it is distressing when this occurs and you cannot determine what it is that caused it. I attribute it to the myriad of maladies that angels carry in their genes. Sudden Angel Demise (SAD) is an appropriate term. :(

that's sad :(

how long have u had him ??
(Maybe he was too old :( )

Question: how long do angels live for ???

Yes, it is really a disappointment to have lost him. :( I've only had the fish since last October or so (I think), and it was adult size when I got it, so no way for me to know how old it was. All my other fish (including the new additions) are fine, they're active and their color looks great, so I am hoping this was just one of those things.

Back
Top Bottom