Rivercats 4000g pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone! I'm always worried about Herons and Owls (since occassionally we have a Barred Owl that comes around to the ponds) but we live a short distance from the confluence point of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers which thank goodness keeps the big fishing birds away from us. But cool thing is because we are so close to the rivers and on the migratory path of many types of birds we get a ton of unusual and rarely seen birds that stop by due to all the running water in both ponds/waterfalls and the 16' stream further back in the yard. Then we have a 2' decorative fence build from the corner of the house all the way back almost to the back of the property that is seperated from the main yard (which is for the dogs and grandkids) where the ponds and stream is located which is also a box turtle Fish and Wildlife approved pen (not that its a pen). My daughter has a F&WL permit for all the various types of box turtles. It's like out own little wildlife area right in the backyard.

Thanks everyone! I'm always worried about Herons and Owls (since occassionally we have a Barred Owl that comes around to the ponds) but we live a short distance from the confluence point of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers which thank goodness keeps the big fishing birds away from us. But cool thing is because we are so close to the rivers and on the migratory path of many types of birds we get a ton of unusual and rarely seen birds that stop by due to all the running water in both ponds/waterfalls and the 16' stream further back in the yard. Then we have a 2' decorative fence build from the corner of the house all the way back almost to the back of the property that is seperated from the main yard (which is for the dogs and grandkids) where the ponds and stream is located which is also a box turtle Fish and Wildlife approved pen (not that its a pen). My daughter has a F&WL permit for all the various types of box turtles. It's like out own little wildlife area right in the backyard.

We were forever chasing Herons out of my dad's pond. Most his Koi an Shubukins were too large for the birds to take, but the fry and younger fish paid the price. 1 mile from the river is not a good place for a pond! They got all his frogs and tadpoles as well.

Three words: I love it!

I love the pond, the fish, the vegetation around the pond, the stones, and the waterfall. :) Can you install one in my backyard please? :lol: (I actually hope to have a pond one day :))

Thanks guys! My daughter can spout off the types of all 16 Koi and even after 5 years of her collecting them I still have to ask "now what is the name of that one".

Back
Top Bottom