RO/DI water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybuisness

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought my ro di system used and the filters were newer..however when I first started using it the blue line CE out clear and the red line came out milky looking..is this normal? The reason I ask is because they're both coming out clear now and I'm.wondering if its working or not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You just need to test it with a TDS meter. If you're at 0 its working, if you're around 10-20 its time to start looking for new filters, and if you're at 200, don't use it.

When the RO filter is brand new it is stored in an oil substance that comes out milky for the first little bit. After a good flush it should be clear.

OK cool I dont have a tds meter I'll bring it to the LFS tomorrow
.I tested for phosphates though and the good water was at 0 and the bad was high...one thing I thought was wierd which is also why I was asking is because the bad water and the rodi water both fill gallon jugs about the same time
.I thought a lot more bad water was supposed to come out

If you have any kind of outflow valve on the waste water, perhaps known as a flush valve, try opening it a wee bit.

Hmm..no I don't think I do..there a just two hoses coming from the system..maybe o just have decent water where I live

That's her

Attachments

• 1399469817586.jpg
    1399469817586.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 67
Nice! I bought it for 30 with brand new filters and added a di stage...but all my water tested good thanks guya

Yes sir, I added the di canister since though.

Back
Top Bottom