Rocio Octofasciata - paranoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxlerod

Aquarium Advice Freak
They do not deserve to have the name Jack Dempsey, these Octos have become such skittish sissies. They have become such a disappointment. A name change is in order. Does anyone have a more paranoid acting cichlid?

Last edited by a moderator:
I DO!!! My JD is the biggest sissy ever! And he was the meanest one at the pet store when he was 1in lol. All he does is hide all day long....

By the way they are in a 155 gallon tank with botias.

I have to approach very slow and with a dark colored shirt. White scares the heck out of them. They do eat like crazy though. EVERYTHING. And breed like it too.

My Octo s are mated pair. Have bred continually for the past yeAr and a half. They are in the living room. Not in a high traffic area but we do go in there and sit. BUT if anyone walks straight up to the tank they bounce off the walls plants lid everything. Whether they have fry or not. Others breeding behavior is awesome. But I am afraid they will end up hurting themselves. The male is the worse.

My JD is the same. You could try some dither fish to bring it out more.

*Title edited*

Back
Top Bottom