Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have about 8 baby s lingering around in the sand at the base of the rocks hopefully today they decide to attach

Bdonaldson - those are beautiful RFA and quite a collection you have now! Did you buy these local or order online? My husband might kill me but I was thinking of placing an order while I'm on Christmas break...but I'll probably wait until spring break, I've had the RFA bug lately & want some new additions.

B - Those are so gorgeous!

SD - The white one detached its foot and is just a tiny loose mass still. After a couple days, last week, I moved it.

It has been in the net in the macroalgae Edge aquarium aka "vase" SW plant tank. Long time back when my other one died it turned to a gelatinous slime glob. Smelled horrific. I am honestly afraid to smell it, or touch it still. Working up my courage... Plus was kinda hoping it would snap out of "it". (Whatever that is.)

Still today the others are wide open and looking good. I might try to feed them a little Mysis shrimp piece.

Should I feed a piece to each one based on their size on one time/day? Or maybe feed one RFA per day?

I had fed the first ones I got (long ago) and then was told not to feed them so didn't.

Bdonaldson - those are beautiful RFA and quite a collection you have now! Did you buy these local or order online? My husband might kill me but I was thinking of placing an order while I'm on Christmas break...but I'll probably wait until spring break, I've had the RFA bug lately & want some new additions.

I have about sixteen rfa's now. I'm definitely going to have to upgrade the tank. Unfortunately I don't have any local stores that carry them so I have to order online.

Last edited by a moderator:
B - Those are so gorgeous!

SD - The white one detached its foot and is just a tiny loose mass still. After a couple days, last week, I moved it.

It has been in the net in the macroalgae Edge aquarium aka "vase" SW plant tank. Long time back when my other one died it turned to a gelatinous slime glob. Smelled horrific. I am honestly afraid to smell it, or touch it still. Working up my courage... Plus was kinda hoping it would snap out of "it". (Whatever that is.)

Still today the others are wide open and looking good. I might try to feed them a little Mysis shrimp piece.

Should I feed a piece to each one based on their size on one time/day? Or maybe feed one RFA per day?

I had fed the first ones I got (long ago) and then was told not to feed them so didn't.

Thanks Autumn. They are in a ten gallon now but I am planning on upgrading their tank to a twenty gallon after the holidays to give them some more room.

I have the biggest one in the front of the glass. After first getting it, I watched over the course of a week, it move its foot 2.5-3" into the sand all the way to the bottom glass. It's foot all the way extended, is over an inch in diameter before the flower, and 2" at the very bottom. Fun to see the foot attached to the bottom, but it is smack dab in the front center blocking the view because it is so big!

I'm seeing some nice looking RFA's! Glad to see this thread going stong, as it should. I've never seen an ugly RFA. Here are some shots of my 3. I finally moved the green one back to the bunch, hopefully he stays in that area.

5eNv1m0.jpg

FIDVapE.jpg

0qWePiN.jpg

I group mini-maxi's with these guys as well, even though very different. An anemone shrimp hosts the first and as far as the last nem, dont ask because I've been trying to figure out what is going on with that guy forever now. Otherwise eats and looks great. May just call it a bounce mini-maxi and though a couple zeros to the price tag! LOL.

QwlnjKX.jpg

kbHEIEN.jpg

I'm seeing some nice looking RFA's! Glad to see this thread going stong, as it should. I've never seen an ugly RFA. Here are some shots of my 3. I finally moved the green one back to the bunch, hopefully he stays in that area.

5eNv1m0.jpg

FIDVapE.jpg

0qWePiN.jpg

I group mini-maxi's with these guys as well, even though very different. An anemone shrimp hosts the first and as far as the last nem, dont ask because I've been trying to figure out what is going on with that guy forever now. Otherwise eats and looks great. May just call it a bounce mini-maxi and though a couple zeros to the price tag! LOL.

QwlnjKX.jpg

kbHEIEN.jpg

Beautiful AND fun!!! Love the Shrimp.

Is that what you mean don't ask about the nem in the last pic about the center? You know I have to ask whatzit? :lol: Curious minds...

Beautiful AND fun!!! Love the Shrimp.

Is that what you mean don't ask about the nem in the last pic about the center? You know I have to ask whatzit? :lol: Curious minds...

Thanks. I have no idea what it is. I've asked some pros that were uncertain as well.

Man I found an ultra anemone that I Just couldn't pass up this weekend. He's in a shell right now but should I take him out of the shell and place him in the substrate or on a rock?1482180349615.jpg

Man I found an ultra anemone that I Just couldn't pass up this weekend. He's in a shell right now but should I take him out of the shell and place him in the substrate or on a rock?View attachment 292103

Gorgeous nem! I try not to remove the foot of a nem if at all possible. I would just place the shell in the sand or close to a rock you think it will like and let it decide where it wants to go.

Thanks! For 40 dollars I hope he turns out to be a good fit for my tank! Also thanks for the advice! That's precisely what I did today before I left for work!

I'm really wanting to find one with a bunch of yellow for a decent price.
Mine has a decent amount of yellow, this is why I got him. He had another one at the shop I got mine from. I was really tempted to get both seeing that he had them for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom