Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful I've always loved these nems but can't find ones that don't cost $$$$ in my area. I'll just stick to my rbta

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here they are in the tank, still have a bit of opening to go but you get the idea!

This one is more orange than red which is why I got it, and I love the white marks on this one.

Beautiful!

Beautiful I've always loved these nems but can't find ones that don't cost $$$$ in my area. I'll just stick to my rbta

I hear ya! I don't always have access to these beauties. I went in just for water today and realized he had gotten these in TODAY!! Hubby is probably going to be mad when he realizes...he's pretty oblivious though so I probably have a day or two before I have to explain. And he gave me a good deal on two nems plus water, etc I was buying.

Yup beautiful and colorful.

Would be shopping more often for some if I could ever have time off! I can only afford the misc. lower grades which might come into a particular box store and they almost never get them in. My name is on the local list to call me but nothing yet. The far far away store had them but I didn't get any. Sunday maybe will have time to go to check them if they actually have have them again. Wishing for a good break, :)

Here was mine moving.
60074-albums13960-picture68799.jpg

Here was normal after the move.
60074-albums13960-picture68798.jpg

Check MACNA if you go this year. They usually have them for less $$$$.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm kinda disappointed in my not buying a 10 or 12 pack (don't remember for sure) of pretty red black ones kinda reminded me of a poppy with the coloring with the black midnight blue in the center and orange red color all around. Last summer it was around $100 I didn't quite want all the same colors and money was tight. Next time I would buy them and trade or sell the rest to lfs!!!

That white frilly one with the pink was my hands down favorite of the not crazy bright colored ones. (It died and my heart broke a little.) Then my favorite would be the poppy looking ones. Of course any of the crazy bright ones would be JUST fine too $$$!!! lol.

Right now I would want pretty much any for a decent price. I am checking a few shops tomorrow! Finally a day off.

Glad you are able to go and see whats out there Autumn. I hope you find some really nice ones.

My red rfa moved and i cant find it. I will have to take out some of the rocks to try and see if i can find where its hiding.

I received my three new rfa's today. They are acclimating now. I will take some photos once they are settled.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is hooked on these things...as always, the colors she wants are $$$, and no LFS in my area carries them. Guess I'll be working some OT haha :)

I received my three new rfa's today. Tgeycare acclimating now. I will take some photos once they are settled.

Exciting! Can't wait to see pictures and hope you find your red one.

How long does it usually take for the rfa's to find a spot and latch on?

Not long IME. I always turn powerhead off for about 10 mins and place them where rock meets sand. Bone of them have moved but maybe an inch from where I placed them. If the lighting is to strong or flow, they may move elsewhere though.

I have had the powerheads off all afternoon and only one of them has settled onto something. Maybe later this evening the other two will settle on a place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom