Rose badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Love these guys stay small and cute... Pretty sure I was given two males and not a pair due to the fact that the "female" was showing coloration like the male... Not shown in these pics tho.. Sorry for the bad pics..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449713574.084997.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449713602.915354.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449713616.936890.jpg unfortunately I have bad picture taking skills so you can see zero to little red. Still these guys aren't as red as some of the examples I have seen online hopefully when these guys are given a lot more plants hiding spots and frozen/ live foods I will be able to see their full potential.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Is this just another name for some variation of scarlet badis? Do you know the scientific name? They do look nice, just confused at what they're supposed to be. Are they badis badis, a cousin to dario dario? IMO pic #3 looks like a female to me

Cousin, scientific name is Dario kajal... I thought the 3rd one was a female too... But the definite male stressed him out a lot and so there's not much color... It isn't super aggressive but when the male isn't messing with him they look similar

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cousin, scientific name is Dario kajal... I thought the 3rd one was a female too... But the definite male stressed him out a lot and so there's not much color... It isn't super aggressive but when the male isn't messing with him they look similar

Ok there we go. They look sweet, they'll probably look a lot better once very settled in! Are you planning on getting some breeding activity going on here?

Thanks, I might try to breed them in the future if I find out the pair is confirmed...but as of now ..no

Cool fish!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I found your thread! I bet with time and care and good food these fish will be great! My scarlet badis males did the same disappearing colors trick to me. I may have 1 female but I'm starting to be doubtful. My 4 males in the 20g hang around together all the time. It's very strange

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom