Rosy barb dies when i put it to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muchcha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys! I'm having this huge problem of rosy barbs dying when I put them to breed.. I put them to a different tank.. It's all cleaned and with few fake plants and marbles.. But what happens is, mostly one rosy barb dies when I put them to breed.. I have no idea why this happens.. Plus, so far my rosy barb haven't laid eggs even once :( hope someone can help me with these problems.. Thank you so much! Please help if u know something about this

you'll need to cycle the tank just like any other. I would use a sponge filter in the main tank for 3 weeks, then move to the breeder. What is anticline? Check the glass marbles also, they might not be aquarium safe. did you use water conditioner?

you'll need to cycle the tank just like any other. I would use a sponge filter in the main tank for 3 weeks, then move to the breeder. What is anticline? Check the glass marbles also, they might not be aquarium safe. did you use water conditioner?

Anti-chlorine*

Hi guys! I'm having this huge problem of rosy barbs dying when I put them to breed.. I put them to a different tank.. It's all cleaned and with few fake plants and marbles.. But what happens is, mostly one rosy barb dies when I put them to breed.. I have no idea why this happens.. Plus, so far my rosy barb haven't laid eggs even once :( hope someone can help me with these problems.. Thank you so much! Please help if u know something about this

as well as cylcing the tank, you need to acclimate them to the new tank water slowly. just dumping them in is probably whats killing them

Back
Top Bottom