rosy tetra dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deadmanwalking

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi, just 10 minutes ago I noticed one of my rosy tetras swimming upside down (more floating but still breathing) in my tank (it looks like swim bladder to me), so we took it out and put it in a tiny container so it doesnt need to fight against the current, and although it still looks hurt it is still swimming (this container is like tiny - less than 1 litre) and my dad wants to keep it in there for tonight till morning so it doesnt get picked on by the firemouths or other rosy tetras in my tank, but I dont want to due to the unstable temperature conditions in that size of (I wouldnt even call it a tank).

I heard feeding them peas could help, but we only have tinned mushy peas and I cant see them helping. Is there anything else I can do to help???

Please reply to this if you know something, I really dont want this fish dying on me.

The tank is 6 gallons and has been set up for months although we recently drained the water for like 10 minutes and revamped everything before putting tank water back into the tank. We just done a 50% water change (some water from my 33 gallon, some new water).

Please let me know if you need any more information, for example pictures or water parameters. I didnt include water conditions here though because I want to try and make sure it doesnt die before I work out why this happened.

Thanks!

hi, just 10 minutes ago I noticed one of my rosy tetras swimming upside down (more floating but still breathing) in my tank (it looks like swim bladder to me), so we took it out and put it in a tiny container so it doesnt need to fight against the current, and although it still looks hurt it is still swimming (this container is like tiny - less than 1 litre) and my dad wants to keep it in there for tonight till morning so it doesnt get picked on by the firemouths or other rosy tetras in my tank, but I dont want to due to the unstable temperature conditions in that size of (I wouldnt even call it a tank).

I heard feeding them peas could help, but we only have tinned mushy peas and I cant see them helping. Is there anything else I can do to help???

Please reply to this if you know something, I really dont want this fish dying on me.

The tank is 6 gallons and has been set up for months although we recently drained the water for like 10 minutes and revamped everything before putting tank water back into the tank. We just done a 50% water change (some water from my 33 gallon, some new water).

Please let me know if you need any more information, for example pictures or water parameters. I didnt include water conditions here though because I want to try and make sure it doesnt die before I work out why this happened.

Thanks!

How many fish do you have in your 6 gallon?

Back
Top Bottom