royal gramma is hiding near surface of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex4434

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok i just added him to the display tank from quarantine tank the parameters are all good. i also acclimated with drip method

make sure you have plenty of rock for him to hide in and sleep in at night. Be sure you don't have any other aggressive fish with him to stress him out. He'll hide for awhile until he gets used to new surroundings. here is mine

Attachments

• DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 72
I agree with you mdchurch, I think every tank should have a place so their fish to hide and feel safe from the outside world.

Could be the temp low temp they will go to top towards the lights to try and stay warm that's what my clowns did after my power went out also hear they will go to top if nitrates are high to get 02 ( gas exchange at surface of water

The royal gramma has now moved into a crevice in the live rock and he is eating which had me worried

Good to hear, he should be fine just has to map out his territory. If he's anything like mine he'll be all over your tank in no time. They are a beautiful fish with great personality once they get settled.

Back
Top Bottom