rubber-lipped Pleco in a 29g??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought what was labeled as a Rubber- lipped Pleco from Petsmart yesterday. He is very light in color. His label said average size 4 inches.

WHen I did some internet research I read 7 inches and they look darker than the one I bought.
If need be I will try to get a pic of his back. Right now his is suctioned to the front of the tank.

So.... does anyone know what size they get? I probably shouldn;t have impulse purchased him but I live a little far from the LFS and was there for other things anyway.

Oh and will he be ok in a 29g tank or should I rehome as he gets bigger?

I bought what was labeled as a Rubber- lipped Pleco from Petsmart yesterday. He is very light in color. His label said average size 4 inches.

WHen I did some internet research I read 7 inches and they look darker than the one I bought.
If need be I will try to get a pic of his back. Right now his is suctioned to the front of the tank.

So.... does anyone know what size they get? I probably shouldn;t have impulse purchased him but I live a little far from the LFS and was there for other things anyway.

Oh and will he be ok in a 29g tank or should I rehome as he gets bigger?

Rubber lips will be fine in a 29g. They get 4-5 inches. IMHO, they aren't very eye appealing, but that's just me. Do you have driftwood for it? A picture is always best when id'ing a fish.

Rubber lips will be fine in a 29g. They get 4-5 inches. IMHO, they aren't very eye appealing, but that's just me. Do you have driftwood for it? A picture is always best when id'ing a fish.
Actually, a small correction about the Chaestoma milesi, they get over 7 inches long:)
Here is a bit of information about them:
Rubber Lipped Pleco
Rubber Lip Pleco - Tropical - Fish - PetSmart
Some say 6-7 inches. In a variety of answers, we can say they grow from at least 6 inches to 10 inches.

pics

Here are a few pics of him

Attachments

• pleco.jpg
    pleco.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20130202-00580 (2).jpg
    IMG-20130202-00580 (2).jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom