Rummynose Tetra Doesn't Look Right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pezzep

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 10 rummynose tetras not even a week ago 9 of them look good swimming together and such eating fine but one is sitting alone at the back of the tank and half it's body looks super white, anybody know what's going on and how I can attempt to save him?

img_2987194_0_6baf079aa6ace9c886b00c91c49615db.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 76
Stupid photo loaded sideways for some reason, the fish is not swimming vertical lol

Edit nvm it posted two photos :s

He's probably going to die, could have something from the shop.. if you have a qt than move him soon, if not? deep 6 em to save the rest..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's probably going to die, could have something from the shop.. if you have a qt than move him soon, if not? deep 6 em to save the rest..

Deep six him as in get rid of him? That's what I was thinking, just wanted to ask if anyone knew what was wrong with him first.

I wish I had the room for a qt tank, thanks

If he's new can you take him back? I've had some tetras get that white coat and they never recover..

If he's new can you take him back? I've had some tetras get that white coat and they never recover..

I'll see if they will take him back if not then I'll have to say goodbye to the little guy :( don't want the rest of my fish to get it, thanks for all the help.

Looks like a bacterial disease from your pics. If you have furan-2 or any med with nitrofurazone in it, you may be able to save the fish if you treat immediately and in a separate tank in cooler water. If not, remove and euthanize. You may want to pick up these meds to keep handy should any of the other fish start to show similar signs. Nitrofurazone, I have found, is one of the best meds for Tetras.

Hope this helps.

Looks like a bacterial disease from your pics. If you have furan-2 or any med with nitrofurazone in it, you may be able to save the fish if you treat immediately and in a separate tank in cooler water. If not, remove and euthanize. You may want to pick up these meds to keep handy should any of the other fish start to show similar signs. Nitrofurazone, I have found, is one of the best meds for Tetras.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I don't have those meds or a spare tank, do these meds have an expiry date to them? Cause my lfs don't have a wide variety of supplies so I'd probably have to order it online. Wish I had the room for a qt tank, when I move out I'll be setting one up for sure.
Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom