russ nano reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure if anyone is still follow I know it's been a while but my nano is really comin along nicely, here's a quick update shot ill take a load tomorrow of my new housemates! ;-)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120208_223244.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120208_223244.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 148
Soooo i know it's been ages again on the updates, so after buying what i thought were a pair of snowflake clowns it turns out they are black ice snowflakes which im mega happy about.
The only problem is with them being tank raised, they had been in with a nice chunky Rbta for 3 and a halg months and hadn't so much as looked at the nem.
Last sunday we came home from taking my mum out for mothers day dinner my gf went upstairs and started shouting I went upstairs to see what was going on to find the pair of them rolling around in the nem. AMAZING!
On the downside though, my firefish has disappeared. I can only assume the nem has eaten it, he hasn't died in the tank as ive had everything out he's not gone surfing either and isn't in the weir secrikn so i can only blame the nem surely?!

Hey not sure if anyone is still following this at all still but though I'd do a tank update.
So it's my birthday today and I woke up to my girlfriend presenting me with a lfs bag shed sneaked out early and bought me a lovely new green candy cane coral I'd been eying up for a fortnight now. A couple of photos as well hope you like!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120426_161441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_161441.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 121
  • ForumRunner_20120426_161553.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_161553.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20120426_162115.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_162115.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 105
  • ForumRunner_20120426_162446.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_162446.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20120426_162550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_162550.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 101
Thanks mj im really happy with my first sw attempt I'm upgrading it to a 30 gal in the next couple of weeks because as pointed out my nem is getting to be a big fella. Still saving for the 120 for the living room.
How come you have no coral in there yet mj??

I'm buying a house going on holiday and bought a dog so funds are abit low lol! I also had a breakout of diatoms. I'm hoping to upgrade lol! I said I wouldn't but it's hit me and I really want a red sea 600 ha

Mjpendrey said:
I'm buying a house going on holiday and bought a dog so funds are abit low lol! I also had a breakout of diatoms. I'm hoping to upgrade lol! I said I wouldn't but it's hit me and I really want a red sea 600 ha

Unlucky my friend lol. What sort of dog are you looking for me and my girlfriend got a German shepherd 8 months ago she's doing great.
I've got kind of a lot going on at the minute too. Im buying a 30 gallon and in the next couple of weeks to upgrade this tank so look out for a new build thread! Im also saving for a 125 gal setup for my living room hopefully in time for Christmas. Exciting stuff!

I woke up this morning to find my huge nem lookin pretty rough. Over the next six hours I witnessed the most incredible thing, the foot slowly swelled to the same size as the neck and then it just kept on walking, over six hours it slowly tore itself in half and split it was amazing and now, there's two!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120428_205304.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120428_205304.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 90
Cool. My RBTA split a few weeks ago but I didn't get to see it. That would be fun to watch. :) Debated selling one because I also have a GBTA but with the new tank, I have lots of room soooooooo.......................

rdnelson99 said:
Cool. My RBTA split a few weeks ago but I didn't get to see it. That would be fun to watch. :) Debated selling one because I also have a GBTA but with the new tank, I have lots of room soooooooo.......................

Lol hey Nelson I did just read about your new addition! :) hope it's all going well. Looking forward to my upgrades too! Me and my gf are just tank shopping for a 30 gal maybe if it's the right shape a 50 though! ;-)

I'm not sure how alive this thread is or even if you still have this tank after the mention of upgrading but the last pictures of the tank look amazing!!!

GoldieLocks1 said:
I'm not sure how alive this thread is or even if you still have this tank after the mention of upgrading but the last pictures of the tank look amazing!!!

I've already hit the upgrade check out my other build thread! :)

Back
Top Bottom