Rust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand1011

Aquarium Advice Activist
As of right now. I don't have fish in my tank but I am using a DIY yeast for co2 for my plants and in order to keep the hose in the water, I use a small clamp to attach to a suction cup. The clamp is plastic but ha a small pier of metal which has rusted. I'd this bad or will a small amount of rust be fine. If not, what else could I do to keep the hose in the water.

As of right now. I don't have fish in my tank but I am using a DIY yeast for co2 for my plants and in order to keep the hose in the water, I use a small clamp to attach to a suction cup. The clamp is plastic but ha a small pier of metal which has rusted. I'd this bad or will a small amount of rust be fine. If not, what else could I do to keep the hose in the water.

You could buy a cheap suction cup that is all plastic with no metal on it at all. I'm not sure how rust will effect the tank, but I'm assuming there's a reason why most of the equipment that is used in tanks is either glass or plastic. And if metal is used, it's more often than not stainless steel.

Got any shrimp? They would probably be most sensitive to extra iron in the water.

You could try fishing line. Holds up underwater and is pretty incognito.

No shrimp no fish just live plants. I took it out anyway because I don't really know the problems that rust could cause a tank.

Petco and petsmart both sell airline tubing suction cups for like $2 for a pack of them

Back
Top Bottom