Ryukin not growing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a small ryukin goldfish just over a year ago. She was about 8cm with tail, and now is still only just 10cm. She has gotten slightly fatter but nothing like pictures I’ve seen for ryukins her age. She’s in a fully cycled 170L tank with a good quality canister filter, perfect water parameters and friendly tankmates. Why isn’t she growing or is this normal? Thanks

Hello Lilly...

I wouldn't worry about the size of your fish. The Fancy Goldfish are all bred commercially and genetics as far as size vary quite a bit. Only one in a couple of dozen fish will get large. I keep Orandas, Veiltails and Black Moors and most stay fairly small. Occasionally, one gets larger. You just need to keep the tank very clean with lots of large, weekly water changes and feed a balanced diet. Spirulina is very good for fish in general. Research some of the foods to make sure you're feeding the best.

B

Hello Lilly...

I wouldn't worry about the size of your fish. The Fancy Goldfish are all bred commercially and genetics as far as size vary quite a bit. Only one in a couple of dozen fish will get large. I keep Orandas, Veiltails and Black Moors and most stay fairly small. Occasionally, one gets larger. You just need to keep the tank very clean with lots of large, weekly water changes and feed a balanced diet. Spirulina is very good for fish in general. Research some of the foods to make sure you're feeding the best.

B

Back
Top Bottom