Ryunkin in QT......Now what do I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My Fish Babies.

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finishing off a drip acclimation for my new Ryukin. He/She will be in a well established 29 gallon alone until I see he/shes OK. The next move will be to join the others in the 55 gallon. What do I need to do now? How long do I wait?

Hi! Relax!! All you do now is keep his/her water very healthy & observe for anything suspect. Thats it! General recommendations for qt are a minimum of 3-4 weeks. And feed him/her of course! If you encounter any problems, let us know! :)

Well those are the easiest directions yet to follow! (I think I can handle that)......He/She seems very jumpy and easily startled. Its been a while since I have gotten a new edition but I don't remember the others being so nervous? He/she did eat some gel food. I will keep you updated!

Maybe I have sung Matilda's praises too soon! Long white skinny poop. Really long like 4 inches worth from her bottom. I do have some Jungle food left over from "Biggies" trauma. Do you think I should start her on a 5 day course? It the one for internal and external bacterial infections. She's still acting fine!

I dont remember what exactly you have. Does it contain metronizadole & praziquantel? I know Jungle makes an anti-parasite food that has both of these ingredients. They are the meds of choice for treating internal parasite issues.

Theres a couple of 'parasite clear/rid' products out there that you can add to the water. Just check the ingredients for metronizadole & praziquantel. A few may have additional ingredients such as fenbendazole. If you have no luck, just order online- try American Aquarium Products or National Fish Pharmecuticals. Good luck!

Hi jlk, I wound up getting API cure the ingredients you suggested were in fact the only ingredients listed on back. It's a powder put in wait 48 hours and repeat. Do you think I can feed her normally during treatment. ?

I would do atleast 3 treatments. Yes, you can feed her normally but make sure theres lots of veggies to keep her digestive track moving. Cooked bits of spinach is a helpful one. She may go off her food a for a little while but she should bounce right back pretty quick. Good luck & keep us posted! :)

img_1939655_0_23fde977dc2df1d3ae818a2b88edc9c8.jpg

Poor Matilda.....She still sits in QT! Giving the third dose of API General cure tonight. Normal active behavior still looks good.....Still seeing white skinny poop. Not all the time now but still seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom