Sad, lost second gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakeandwendy

Aquarium Advice Activist
just lost our second dwarf gourami. it killed me to watch, helpless and ignorant. i must admit a little bit of discouragement has set in. my mistakes were the common ones, i've learned. common mistakes with very simple and common solutions developed through common experience. knowing that now doesn't bring those bright blue boys fluttering across the tank. i have four fish left, all seem healthy and happy. im watching them very close and the api master kit is never far from me. my first round of readings for today were perfect, but that somehow fails to let me rest any easier. i've spent hours on the web, this site mostly, trying to fill in all the things i should've known before i brought those guys home. i'm wiser for it, but i'm not really sure i care much for the price of that wisdom.

Sorry a out your fish :(. What seems to be the problem?

IMO Things happen for a reason. We all take on responsibility some times not knowing how things are going turn out. Sometimes it's just human nature.

Sometimes we take the advice of people just trying to profit from it.

We all make mistakes, and our hearts are in the right place. Experience comes by learning from our mistakes and learning by others mistakes.

Learn by your mistakes and push forward. The next time you will be prepared and know what to do. You are already wise to what ever happened. Use that as just experience. There is always a price to learning (Trial and Error) it's just part of life. We all learn from our mistakes !

I'm one of those guy's who buy's something not knowing how to put it together. I hardly ever read the directions, unless I get into trouble.
It's just human nature. IMO

GOOD LUCK, it will all be good.

That is why this site is awesome. We are all leaning together. We have all made mistakes. That's why were all here.

I am so sorry to hear about your fishy loss.
Please don't get discouraged. I agree with hdultra - things happen for a reason. You'll come out of this armed with more knowledge than ever before. Cheer up, look at the little guys you have now, and try to have a good day.

E-hugs!

it was ammonia poisoning and the massive water changes that did it. i will triumph in my desire to create a wonderful place for these strange colorful creatures to do well in. and i have a huge desire to learn as much as i can in order to do that. thank you everyone. this site is AWESOME and all of the survivors of the tank thank you!!!

+1 with hdultra and chelsea...

i've had my share of loss as well...all in all from the past I lost 16 of them on different times from dec. 2010 till last month. very sad...i know...and getting to the point of frustration...but just like the others says...it's a learning process. this site is a blessing...if not for the wonderful people who is always willing to help make things right in here, I would have done the same mistakes over and over again...leading to more loss and discouragement....

don't worry...it's going to be okay...just keep on learning and you'll see...:)

That's too bad :(. Like the previous posts said everyone makes mistakes, I've lost some fish too due to not researching enough. I'm actually surprised I didn't lose any fish while cycling my tank. I put some tiger barbs in too soon (which I learned after the fact). I had to do pwc daily for almost 2 weeks. Now I know for sure the next tank I set up will be a fishless cycle. Good luck and I hope the rest of your fish do okay :)

Sorry for your loss. Its good that we all found this site and can gleam the knowledge of others before us and not listen to the pimple face kid at the lfs. Give thanks for what those two gourami taught you about fishkeeping and don't make those mistakes again...for them.

just wanted to say thanks for the support and knowledge everyone has shared. we have a firm resolve to stay the course and create the world we want for our lil guys.

Back
Top Bottom