salt with angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amitnarain said:
putting salt in my aquarium seems more professional.

fishkeeping does not have to be "professional". do not fall for all the false info out there. keep reading these boards and conducting research on the hobby to further learn how to care for your fish. the only "professional" things you need to really do are:

1. water changes
2. testing water conditions
3. using the right medication/remedy for fish illness.

as for the salt, it has already been answered.

Just an observation and to cement chotie's post. How many of us have been to a LFS and saw one of those "kits"? What was in the kit? Aquarium salt. When you ask info about setting up the tank, "add the aquarium salt as directed".

When you have so many people recieving the same information over and over, it stands to reason that the salt theory must be true.

Take a look at this article. I found it to be most informative concerning the salt issue.

i have read that platy fish need a little salt....
and guppys are happier and breed more with salt and healthier than without it...
i have read that algae eaters don't really like it
i have read that angels do not really like it and i know for a fact they breed like hell with out it
so none of this is true and it's all just stuff that people have arbitrarily wrote articles about
????????? :?:

Jchillin thanks for posting that artical. As for salt in the tank.. I think I agree with the author of the artical. Freshwater fish are that way for a reason.

rokinrandy said:
i have read that platy fish need a little salt....
and guppys are happier and breed more with salt and healthier than without it...
i have read that algae eaters don't really like it
i have read that angels do not really like it and i know for a fact they breed like hell with out it
so none of this is true and it's all just stuff that people have arbitrarily wrote articles about
????????? :?:

Mollies are a semi brackish fish and will do better with salt.

You have two schools of thought on the subject...those that swear by salt because it has worked for them. Then you have the "science", which basically says: "Why give a fish from a freshwater environment a salty one in your tank?"

Back
Top Bottom