Sand settleing ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jj49er

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just added my sand to my tank and my question is how long will the water be cloudy? Should I keep everything running (power heads, pumps) while it settles n when will the cloudiness go away?

Jj49er said:
I just added my sand to my tank and my question is how long will the water be cloudy? Should I keep everything running (power heads, pumps) while it settles n when will the cloudiness go away?

Could be a day or two. It took my tank about a day and a half to settle. Leave power heads off etc and let it all settle.

Ok so just let it settle n keep things off like pumps... Ok thanx

I've found that keeping the pumps on during this period doesn't really make a difference. If you're cycling during this stage, keep the pumps on to circulate the water and keep your cycle going.

Ok so since I am cycling the new tank, so adding live rock would be fine or wait for it to settle it already has about 80pounds of live sand

Jj49er said:
Ok so since I am cycling the new tank, so adding live rock would be fine or wait for it to settle it already has about 80pounds of live sand

If you're currently cycling then yes add your live rock, sand, skimmer, and pumps. You will need to get the bb growing on/in your live rock as you cycle.

Hi,

I had the same trouble. It took my tank about 5 days before it finally settled. So just be patient.

Back
Top Bottom