sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbird79

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know this has probably been asked before but my eyes hurt from looking through the searches. What sand should i use for my 55. Im looking for a white sand. I just am tired of researching it all.

I got pool filter sand from home depot. 10$ gets you 50lbs. Give it a couple washes in a bucket and it looks amazing. It is not SUPER SUPER white, but it dosent kick up off the bottom and get sucked into your filter very easly. I hear it also works great with salt water.

You could also do play sand from the home depot, but when i looked at the ones at my local store they were pretty grungy lookin

Pool filter is much better than play sand. I would try a pool store. The sand in some of my tanks that was from
A pool store is nearly white. The sand from home depot is kinda a reddish tint

JacksonJigsaw said:
You could also do play sand from the home depot, but when i looked at the ones at my local store they were pretty grungy lookin

It is definitely not as attractive

I had just seen allot of arguments between pfs and play sand with people having there favorites. personally I agree with the pfs being better. Just throwing out ideas lol.

JacksonJigsaw said:
I had just seen allot of arguments between pfs and play sand with people having there favorites. personally I agree with the pfs being better. Just throwing out ideas lol.

Me too ...........

Is it worth buying the "live" sand in the bags from lfs or online

Back
Top Bottom