Save A Beautiful Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishforlife

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought this beautiful male half moon plaket male betta. All white but with a slight of red. His water was dirty til I got him and put him in a 5 gallon. Ill take a better picture when I come back.

Attachments

• image-2910586735.jpg
    image-2910586735.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3433577530.jpg
    image-3433577530.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 87
Very beautiful, I want a pure white female with red stripes to breed with my dragonscale thats blue with yellow fin outlines!

I want a pure white one too with dragon scale or a crown tail full moon pure white too

He started jerking his head back and fort and wondering if its velvet or ich disease.

If it's ich, you should see some tiny white spots that look like grains of salt stuck to his body or fins. Even if his colour makes them hard to see, they will stick out from the body or fin. If you see them, treat for ich.

Velvet might be harder to see at first.. keep a close eye on the fish and if you see any signs, begin treatment.

Bettas can handle salt, so you can add some salt to his tank now anyway, a good pinch is enough for 2.5 gallons, so double that. Sea salt, aquarium or kosher salt are fine, might make him feel better.

Well I don't know if it's ich since he's all white so i add aquarium salt by using the water from his tank and 1/2 spoon of aquarium salt. He stop jerking and been look fine now.

Try to view him from the rear or front, looking for bumps that stick out from a fin or the body. I realize a fish this colour is going to be harder to diagnose, but the ich cysts do stick out a bit, so at the right angle, if they are there, you should be able to see them.

His body seem fine and the gill too , i dont see anything popping out from him so he's all good now but now my female betta have ich on her body. I'm treated her right now and checking my other betta for ich or any disease

This him right now , he's looking more better now.

Attachments

• image-2208697091.jpg
    image-2208697091.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3662912601.jpg
    image-3662912601.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom