Saving a Goldfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it fair to say, I'm jealous of Maverick? What a totally fun aquarium!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
29 gal, fresh water, fluval 206 with nitrate-scrubbing media + mech + charcoal,

Getting his Shine Back

Maverick Loves Sifting thru the Caribsea "Sunset Gold" Sand!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 73
No Longer Alone!

Ok, Maverick is doing Fantastic, but lately he has been sitting on the sand. Thought he might be lonely and bored... He needs a Friend!!!

My wife and I have been searching the web, trying to find a Tank Mate for Maverick. Rosy Barbs, Weather Loach, Zebra Danio, WCMM.... Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope........

Most Coldwater fish are either too small or Fin Nippers...

I went on to AqAdvisor's Aquarium Stocking Calculator, entered my tank size and filters and found out that my last choice was the Perfect Choice!!!

Another Comet!!! The size of the tank and filtration are adequate!!

Meet Opal. PS $0.32 Feeder Tank... We spotted the most Beautiful White Long Tailed Comet, swimming in and out of a Sea of Orange...

Yes, I know the feeders are not the healthiest and I should have Quarantined her, but my 10 gallon is in the Basement and no filter... I am treating the tank with Seachem ParaGuard (which is a broad spectrum but gentle med.) along with Seachem StressGuard to heal the few scales that were roughed up from being with 100 of her "closest friends"...

After slow acclimation, I put her in the tank and it was Instant Friendship!!! They have both been swimming circles around each other and swimming side by side all afternoon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 67
Welcome Opal!

from iPad using Aquarium Advice
29 gal, fresh water, fluval 206 with ammo-carb + mech, replacing gravel with sand and live plants

Maverick is looking so much better already, and am sure he is happier with a tank mate. Hello, Opal!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's fantastic! You've saved two lives, and made for happier fish :D

Bravo!!!

And she's quite the pretty lady I might add :)

Awww great he has a friend.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom