'scaping and too many species? (Long post, pictures.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks :) It's mostly ADA AquaSoil Amazonia Normal. The brown stuff is Schultz Aquatic Plant Soil (the old substrate in this tank).

Travis, did you figure out how to keep this color long term?

I'm thinking you mean that pinkish color of the new shoots in the middle? If so, I've found that only the new shoots will have that very cool color, but I can't say that, if you really did something cool that the Blyxa liked (your guess is as good as mine as to what that may be :wink: ), that you couldn't get a bit more of it to stay.

If you mean the lighter, paler green color (remember, I'm R/G colorblind so don't laugh if I'm not making any sense :p ) then just do what I did and neglect your trace dosing for a while :lol:

If I still haven't figured out what you mean, please rephrase and I will try to answer to the best of my crippled color-sensing ability :p

Man I always forget that. I was refering to the brilliant pink/red you got from new growth. I'm still a long ways away, but daily macro and micro is pretty fun man, keeps it exciting. I pretty much want to stress the plant so much (currently trying N because its easiest) it stays a cool, unique color.

I'm not sure how clear this will be, but here's the underside of that B. japonica showing a little bronzing:
blyxa_060818.jpg

blyxa2_060818.jpg

Here's what it looked like from a severe green water tank:
blyxajaponica_fromgw.jpg

blyxajaponica_comp.jpg

Makes me pretty certain nutrients are more important than light for such effect. Want to figure out how to know for sure and learn how to get it when I want it.

I love your tanks. Great growth and colour. Love the full shot of your ten, very elegant. Always an inspiration. :)

Back
Top Bottom