scared plecs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
For the past few days my pitbull plecs have been burying themselves in the substrate. I've heard this is a sign they are scared?? Nothing has changed in the tank except a replacement light tube yesterday, and the parameters are fine as usual. Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110603_101932.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110603_101932.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20110603_102007.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110603_102007.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 107
I thought that as a possibility but they were doing it days before I got the new bulb?

Yeah but I'd like to figure out what's scaring them all of a sudden? Just seems a bit strange, they've been fine for the past 6months?

I know you said they have been fine for 6 months but all my plecs are really shy to the point I ain't seen a couple for days. Try adding lots of plants mine always hide away I know they are there by the sand they kick up. They are nocturnal too so don't expect to see much of them during the day.

I've got loads of plants, rocks etc for them to hide in and they usually do, just don't usually bury themselves. Ive just cone down this morning and they are still buried in the same place they were last night? So I don't think they've moved. They're not even comin out at feeding time anymore?

Back
Top Bottom