Scarlet Badis - High Res DSLR Pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are some pictures of my newly acquired Scarlet Badis -- these were taken next to a Marimo Moss ball about the size of a golf ball.

ixcMHfVDBhQr.JPG

ibxUcrw1mTSh55.JPG

ig0FiNeFksfSf.JPG

iLoWqFKtn0bIR.JPG

Here's the FTS of their home... my 6g rimless tank:
i0hrp2uMoWXxo.jpg

These pictures are amazing. The type you see in printed publications. Nice job and congrats on the new additions.

Amazing pics! Such detail on such tiny, moving things. Really captured their cuteness! And they themselves have such amazing color. What type of camera are you using?

If I were you I'd try and enter them in the contest!

I agree! Or even a fish hobby magazine. They always have spotlights (lol you should probably add your tanks! I love when they have those "inspiration" articles. It's pretty much pron LOL m hubby thinks it is so silly that I could be so entertained by pics of tanks).

Thank you everyone for the kind words. These little fish are a joy to have. I've always wanted them and could never find them. Then one day, they were at my LFS. :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words. These little fish are a joy to have. I've always wanted them and could never find them. Then one day, they were at my LFS. :)

It was such a sign! Not to get off subject. But what do you feed them? I keep reading how difficult it is to have them because they only like live food.

They're a little tricky to feed. Although just a little bit easier than my dwarf puffer. I feed them frozen mini bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp. They will not touch flakes or mini pellets, I've tried! Haha...

On occasion, I'll drop a Marimo moss ball in this tank for a couple of days from my shrimp tank that is infested with copepods. The Scarlet Badis will just hunt for those copepods. They love it more because they're live food. Plus it's fun to watch them.

You knoooow foster and smith are starting a monthly photo contest! You can win a gift card and photos to be shown at a couple conventions. I think you should definitely check it out

Thanks everyone for the complements! @Buu, thanks for the heads up on that contest. I'll definitely look into that. Lord knows I can use a GC for more goodies! Haha

Sorry but I am wondering... Can anyone tell me if Badis Badis and Scarlet Badis can hang together in a 16G bowfront, ideally 1 m and 2 f of each? or, if too many 1 m and 1 male of each lots of plants and rocks? I figured someone here could tell me, or pm me...

Sorry but I am wondering... Can anyone tell me if Badis Badis and Scarlet Badis can hang together in a 16G bowfront, ideally 1 m and 2 f of each? or, if too many 1 m and 1 male of each lots of plants and rocks? I figured someone here could tell me, or pm me...

I would think the scarlet badis would be outcompeted for food.

Back
Top Bottom