School or add more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 25g with a betta a gourami and 5 harlequin rasbora and would like to add another school of some bright colored fish or add more rasbora. If I where to add another school I was thinking of some kind of tetra. Any suggestions?

Keep calm and drum on

How long have the betta and gourami been in the same tank? I'm surprised you're not having problems with aggression.

I always like larger schools. I think fish school better the larger the school.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

If you are adding tetras, I would avoid serpae/ red minor tetras. I find them to be rather nippy and rather viscous when they do nip.

How long have the betta and gourami been in the same tank? I'm surprised you're not having problems with aggression.

I always like larger schools. I think fish school better the larger the school.

They've been together for about a year or so now. The two get along really well. I think the fact the gourami was introduced first and then the betta was added help a little but the betta has always seemed very laied back.
I'll have to check my lfs if they can get green neons. They look really nice and I think they would complete the betta nicely in color. If they can't get any may just get 5-10 more rasbora and add them

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom