Scooter blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ajm said:
Would mysis shrimp alone be a sufficient enough diet for a scooter blenny?

They are hard to keep. If you don't see them eat t our LFS I would go ORA if your heart is set on one. They eat live food like pods. I've tried 3x's and lost them all.

But to answer your question yes that will do IF there trained to eat prepared foods.

http://www.orafarm.com/

When I first started I bought one as well he would not take prepared food either. He eventually when to Fishy Heaven. LOL

I've only had my tank for a little over 4 months and I got my scooter about a month and a half ago. Hops around all day super energetic. Flakes in the morning and frozen at night. Don't see him actually eating but he has to be eating something if he has been alive for that long

Gza166 said:
I've only had my tank for a little over 4 months and I got my scooter about a month and a half ago. Hops around all day super energetic. Flakes in the morning and frozen at night. Don't see him actually eating but he has to be eating something if he has been alive for that long

I don't know.... Not saying this will happen and I hope it doesn't. But mine lasted a while also and I thought eh... He must be eating something if he made it that long. You'd be surprised how long they can last. I will add my mandarin I doing well and it's been 3 months. But I also added about 10,000 copepods.

I was actually thinking of adding copepods where can I get them?

Gza166 said:
I was actually thinking of adding copepods where can I get them?

There's a sponsor right here on the forum, that's where I get mine. Reefs2go.com ask for Nikki tell her your from AA and they will take care of you. They have some good deals with other stuff too!

I use them often.

So when asking for Nikki I call customer service right?

Ive gotten my scooter to eat everything. Took him about 2 weeks before i seen him start to take mysis. He takes blender mush and brine as well. Getting them extremely small helps in training them to accept prepared food. Atleast thats always how i buy known picky eaters.

Good luck

Attachments

• image-3129350150.jpg
    image-3129350150.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 110
Well I bought from from petco and I highly doubt they would have copepods in there tank so I'm sure he was fed either with flake or frozen food

Gza166 said:
Well I bought from from petco and I highly doubt they would have copepods in there tank so I'm sure he was fed either with flake or frozen food

If they have live rock in there tanks then they have copepods. However just because they have the fish does not mean they are eating FYI. Hope you get lucky

Me too but I did order some copepods so I think next week they will come

Glad I found this, I want one as well, and is on my list. I have some pods, but not many at all, think my wrasse eats what ones are in the dt

Schism said:
Ive gotten my scooter to eat everything. Took him about 2 weeks before i seen him start to take mysis. He takes blender mush and brine as well. Getting them extremely small helps in training them to accept prepared food. Atleast thats always how i buy known picky eaters.

Good luck

How did you train the little guy? I bought copepods for the tank I figure I'll do that once a month or so.

Ajm said:
How did you train the little guy? I bought copepods for the tank I figure I'll do that once a month or so.

Just began letting some chunks of food sit around him on the sand bed with flow turned off. At first he didnt pay any attention to it but within a few weeks he was swimming nearly to the surface at a chance to grab a few mysis or a chunk if blender mush.

I would place to food around him with a turkey baster. After about a week of this he showed slight interest approaching the food. Then he began nipping and finally eating at about 3 weeks.

Pretty much how i got my lawnmower blennie to eat prepared too. Also the blender mush i make contains lots of different foods.

My scooter took about a month to train onto prepared foods. I used a turkey baster to target feed and shut the flow off in the tank so he could get at the food. Very delicate eater scooters.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom