scooter blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
i recently got one of these cool little creatures and im just curious on what they eat ...hes been cleaning a little bit of my crushed coral substrate. but i havent noticed him eat other things yet. just wondering ..thanx

Mine eats anything that I feed the fish. If it falls to the substrate and the fish don't get it, he will. He spends alot of time also picking at the live rock. He should eat just about anything you put in there. Mine took about a week to get himself adjusted to my tank and his new tankmates, but he is doing well for the last 8 months.

Mike

Just want to second Sparkys remarks. Mine has taken to frozen food as well. I need to target feed mine though. They other fish are a little too fast for him.
Not everyone is so lucky. Sometimes they do not take to prepared foods and their natural diet is pods. How large is your tank, how is your pod population and how old is the tank? They tend to do better in a more mature system with an established pod popultation.
try setting some frozen food by him and see if he takes it.
Also they are not a blenny ( I know the LFS's advertise them as such) but a dragonette. :wink:

They eat copepods and brine shrimp ( freshly hatched) I had one that ate the food that the other fish left behind, but my current one seems to eat the pods and brines.

what exactly are copepods and what do they look like? i hear everybody talk about them but never thought of what the are and look like...im a fool..dur..

ahh..i see..i think ive actually seen them in my tank..but its been a while.... so yall think that he'll eat live brine shrimps cuz i can get them at the store for like a buck for thousands of them? thanx for the replys by the way

Don't think he will eat brine. Try the frozen food. If you can get him to eat that, you are golden.
From what I have observed, the ones that get them to eat prepared food, seem to be the ones that suceed with this fish.
I will post the name of the food mine eats later tonight (have to look, forgot the brand).
its the only prepared food he will eat.

Back
Top Bottom