Scracthing & white poo Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaygunK

Aquarium Advice Freak
Moving a thread over here from "introductions". I brought home a new pot-bellied molly about 1 week ago. Had my water tested at the store when i bought her and they said it was fine.

**Also need to know that i treated ICH about 2 weeks ago, i used Rid-Ich and followed the directions and treated for 4 days. All white dots went away and fish acted happy and healthy.

A couple of days ago i noticed that the new molly kept scratching her body up against the same decoration. I didn't see any visible signs of illness, so i didn't do anything about it. Tonight i just noticed that 2 other of my mollies were doing the same scratching motion on the same decoration. And there is some white poo coming from a couple of the mollies.

I just did a 30% water change yesterday. Also i don't have a home water test kit (did order one today from amazon btw). So what should i do? I don't want to lose anymore fish from ICH. Treat again? Water change? Also have a cheapy pre-set heater, so i can't turn up the heat (also ordered a new one from amazon today w/the test kit ;)) I do have salt here, but will it hurt my neon tetras? Oh, i also have quick cure --just in case that's better than rid-ich.

FYI-29 gallon tank: (fully cycled)
5 neon tetras
5 mollies (2 pot bellied)
2 white skirted tetras
2 danios
3 platys

Thanks,
Reagan :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom